Connecting the router:
Before reinstalling the router, test your internet service by connecting a laptop directly to the modem. Should there be any problem, please do the following steps:
- Disconnect the modem and the router from the wall electric socket.
- Power off the router’s power button.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Connect the Blue Internet port on your Router to the Modem’s LAN port with an Ethernet (Cable1).
- Connect your computer to one of the Ethernet ports labeled 1~4 on the Router (Yellow ports) with an Ethernet (Cable2).
- Power on the modem and wait for 2 minutes.
If you have a Motorola modem, the light indicators should be as follow:
- Light 1 green – power is on.
- Light 2 blue – download is ok.
- Light 3 blue – upload is ok.
- Light 4 green – internet service is ok.
- Light 5 blue flashing – connection on Ethernet to Router Computer or Voip (Transmitting or receiving data on Ethernet port is ok).